Welcome to Episode 66 of the RetroWDW Podcast: “Retro Food Part II” – We appreciate your support and hope you have been enjoying each and every episode. Be sure to check out some of our
from over the years. We have visited multiple parks, resorts, and just about everything else in between. We hope you stick with us through 2021 as we bring you some great content that will take you back to WDW each month. Enjoy!
Right to the mailbag this month! The bag is full and we love that! Every month, you can possibly get on the show, so be sure to write to us at
Also, top-tier donors can even join us on a show!
- Troy is our first letter of the episode. He is looking for early photos of the Fort Wilderness reception outpost and possibly of the old trailer that was out there. Do you have any of those? Let us know!
- Our good friend Ed is on Episode 46 and is getting caught up. We always love our binge listeners and hearing from you! Ed has been digging into some photos from old trips from the early 70s, so best of luck with your listening and your photo search!
- Joe is up next – we included him back on
! Joe brought up the Peoplemover in Texas and shared with us a video by . Thanks for this!
- We got a big thank you from Jimmy – he and his family enjoyed the
- we posted on Easter Sunday. He also let us know his favorite character is Roger Rabbit. Thanks for watching Jimmy!
- James wrote in, as a Florida local, and wondered what is going on with the Best Western on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. Brian helps us out with this, as we once
- Next up is Dane, he is looking for some ephemera and also looking to trade. If you have something Dane is looking for, let us know!
- Finally, Wesley wrote in about our last movie night – he has been a longtime fan and also our previous Prize Pot winner. Thanks!!
Todd had a random prize giveaway, which was the Norman Rockwell/Mickey print – thanks to everyone who reached out! Our winner is Tracy – congratulations!
Before you get started into our main topic, take a look at
. These are all food and dining related so they connect really well to this episode. We begin by answering listener questions and memories, which is so much fun! If you sent us something in relation to this episode, there is a good chance it ended up on the show here. Let’s get started:
For this episode, we work our way through tons of listener questions and memories. These came from all over and discuss so many interesting topics. We get into everything including: 100 Years of Magic bars, Columbia Harbor House, The Diamond Horseshoe changes and so much more. We appreciate everyone reaching out and sharing their memories and experiences, as we really enjoyed digging into this.
After this we get into some various dining options from over the years. One being, the various character breakfasts at Disney-MGM Studios. How discusses the Aladdin breakfast that took place in the Catwalk Bar area / soundstage. We also get into the 1981 Walt Disney World Menu Book. This document is absolutely amazing and we have used it a ton throughout the episode. One area we zero in on, is the Lake Buena Vista Village & Club; this area is not well documented as far as dining options and menus. Brian leads us restaurant by restaurant, diving deep into each menu. As we get into these various restaurants, lounges, and other eating options, we hope these are bringing back memories or giving you a small window into dining at Walt Disney World in 1981.
2021: Year Two of The Film
To make sure you are the first to know when items are released,
. Be sure to click the notification bell too, that way you are alerted when we post. Finally, be sure to if that is your thing, as we will post there as well.